Job Title: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Essential Job Functions
This ministry description outlines the primary job functions. The position may include other functions. The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will work alongside a strong pastoral staff under the leadership of the Senior Pastor to help us create and coordinate systems that can deliver on the church mission. This position will assume responsibilities related to discipleship, small groups, overseeing outreach, and assimilation. This includes creating and ensuring clear discipleship pathways in all ministries in collaboration with entire ministry team.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will:
- Oversee prayer, discipleship, family, and assimilation ministries.
- Help create structures, systems, and strategies that deliver on the churches mission.
- Select, equip, and empower the volunteers.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems that better track the visitors, attendees, and members of the church.
- Oversee the small group ministries.
- Facilitate outreach opportunities.
- Regular communication with leadership and volunteers that is consistent with the vision of the church.
- Be a positive, productive part of staff and leadership meetings.
- Promote positive public relations by being involved in the Edmonds community and beyond.
- Network with other like-minded church leaders.
- Preach and teach Sunday mornings when needed.
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as directed by Senior Pastor.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Evidence of a strong, contagious, dynamic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a life lived for His honor and glory, maintained through Bible study, prayer, and spiritual disciplines consistent with Scripture.
- It is essential that the candidate has a clear testimony of salvation and meets the character qualifications listed in the following passages (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:2-3).
- A Masters of Divinity is preferred. Other education coupled with relevant experience may also be considered.
- A catalytic leader who is able to lead and coach a wide array of people in a multi-cultural and multi-generational church.
- A solid knowledge of Scripture with the ability to apply it to the situations of life.
- Life evidence of being a servant leader who is humble and willing to learn.
- The ability to enlist, equip, and empower volunteers in their areas of spiritual giftedness.
- The ability to be a visionary self-starter combined with skills in delegation and supervision of others.
- The ability to develop an idea into an active ministry.
- Evidence of good organizational skills.
- The ability to teach.
- Have a compassionate heart for people and a desire to help them progress in their journey of faith in their relationship with God with an attitude of grace.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills in large and small group settings.
- The ability to meet new people and make them feel comfortable.
- A theology and beliefs compatible with Edgewood Baptist Church.
- A commitment to the leadership, vision, philosophy, and strategy of Edgewood Baptist Church.
- A commitment to the membership at Edgewood Baptist Church.
- Spiritual gifts that would be helpful in this position are administration, leadership, encouragement, discernment, and hospitality.
- Candidates must be willing to comply with a background check and drug test.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship:
- Will be accountable to and will report to the Senior Pastor and will establish a good working relationship with him, assisting him when necessary.
- Will have the ability to be a positive team member in a multiple-staff church and will be committed to working cooperatively with volunteers.
- Will maintain a working relationship with the leadership at Edgewood Baptist Church.
- Information about the Church:
Edgewood Baptist Church exists to show the greatness of God by loving God, loving people, knowing Christ, and making Him known. Our mission is to be a multi-generational, multi-cultural church that reaches out across the street and across the world to see lost, sinful, hurting people find forgiveness, hope, and purpose in Jesus.
Application/Contact Information: Please send your resume to email@example.com